directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: adding a group without members on create
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 06:16:12 GMT
Justen Stepka wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a way that we can create a group with
> Apache DS and not have to provide any initial members so the group? If
> I put in an empty string I then need to know to ignore the empty
> uniquemember when processing the attributes on a search.

Hi Justen!

As far as I know, you have to provide a value for uniqueMember which is
has valid DN syntax ("" or " " have not). But it is not necessary to
fill it with a valid user.

How about adding a dummy value to the group like "cn=dummy". This is
what we did in a project with IBM Tivoli Directory Server, a server
which behaves exactly the same RFC compliant way in this case, btw.

Greetings from Bremen,
     Stefan