directory-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thunderbird 1.5 or 2.0 integration
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 15:04:11 GMT
First off, thank you for your assistance.

I followed the instructions on that page.

1. Address book
2. File->New->LDAP Directory
3. General -
      Name: test
      Hostname: 127.0.0.1
      Base DN: ou=people,o=sevenSeas
      Port number: 10389
    Advanced -
      Search filter: (objectclass=person)/subtree
4. Offline -> Download Now
5. everything is blank even though wireshark shows the results... (that
is the dump I sent originally)

I can also go to Contacts on the compose window, do a search, get (in
wireshark):
0......c.....ou=people,o=sevenSeas
..
....d.......R....objectclass..person.9....mail0...Ho.
..cn0...Ho....givenName0...Ho.
..sn0...Ho0..#..company..o..mail..l..locality..mozillaUseHtmlMail..xmozillausehtmlmail..mozillaCustom2..custom2..mozillaHomeCountryName..mozillaHomeStreet.
department..departmentnumber..ou..orgunit..mobile..cellphone..carphone..telephoneNumber..title..mozillaCustom1..custom1..mozillaNickname..xmozillanickname..mozillaWorkUrl..workurl..fax..facsimiletelephonenumber..mozillaSecondEmail..xmozillasecondemail..mozillaCustom4..custom4..nsAIMid..nscpaimscreenname..street.

streetaddress.
postOfficeBox..givenName..homePhone..mozillaHomeUrl..homeurl..st..region..mozillaHomePostalCode..mozillaHomeLocalityName..mozillaCustom3..custom3..birthyear..mozillaWorkStreet2..mozillaHomeStreet2.
postalCode..zip..c..countryname..pager.
pagerphone..sn..surname..mozillaHomeState..description..notes..modifytimestamp..cn.
commonname0e...e`
.!...Yfailed on search operation: attributeType w/ OID
1.3.6.1.4.1.13769.2.1.97 not registered!

Which at least has an error.  It seems to me that my lack of
understanding of the index section (the documentation just says go read
this section but doesn't tell you what to put there):

   <bean id="sevenSeasPartitionConfiguration"
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableBTreePartitionConfiguration">
     <property name="name" value="The Seven Seas" />
     <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
     <property name="suffix" value="o=sevenSeas" />

     <!-- the optimizer is enabled by default but may not always be what
     -->
     <!-- you want if your queries are really simple
      -->
     <property name="optimizerEnabled" value="true" />

     <!--
       Synchronization on writes does not wait for synch operations
       to flush dirty pages.  Writes persist immediately to disk at
       a cost to performance with increased data integrity.  Otherwise
       the periodic synch operation will flush dirty pages using the
       synchPeriodMillis parameter in the main configuration.
     -->
     <property name="synchOnWrite" value="true" />
     <property name="indexedAttributes">
       <set>
         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId"
value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.1" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
         </bean>
         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId"
value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.2" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
         </bean>
         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId"
value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.3" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
         </bean>
         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId"
value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.4" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
         </bean>
         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId"
value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.5" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="10" />
         </bean>
         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId"
value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.6" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="10" />
         </bean>
         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId"
value="1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.7" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="10" />
         </bean>

         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId" value="dc" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
         </bean>
         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId" value="ou" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
         </bean>
         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId" value="krb5PrincipalName" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
         </bean>
         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId" value="uid" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
         </bean>
         <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableIndexConfiguration">
           <property name="attributeId" value="objectClass" />
           <property name="cacheSize" value="100" />
         </bean>
       </set>
     </property>
     <property name="contextEntry">
       <value>
         objectClass: top
         objectClass: domain
         objectClass: extensibleObject
         o: sevenSeas
       </value>
     </property>
   </bean>

Have I got the rest right?  Any chance you/someone might be able to help
with the index section (presently mine is just a copy)?  Also excluding
the indexes isn't any good either ;-)

BTW it is not a bind error, that gives a clear error message in the
wireshark output w/o the actual search results.

Oddly it still doesn't answer why the download now results in TBird.  In
2.0 the same operation reports "replication succeeded" yet it is as if
the schema (particularly the name/email) is not what TBird expects.

The same search in the Eclipse Plugin succeeds with the o=sevenSeas and
objectClass=person subtree returns results.

It does seem to match the schema here:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/MailNews:Mozilla_LDAP_Address_Book_Schema

Thoughts?