directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <>
Subject Re: Thunderbird 1.5 or 2.0 integration
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 06:54:03 GMT
Hi Andrew!

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> I followed the basic instructions including
> with the latest download of ADS 1.5.  It seems like it works but no
> users actually come back.  Wireshark shows the below (but I'm not yet
> accustomed to this format).  any thoughts?  Should I maybe try with 1.0?

The example should work with ApacheDS 1.5 as well, because the
functionality Thunderbird uses is very basic. I have not tried it with
Thunderbird 2.0 (1.5 only).

Can you describe the operation, you perform with Thunderbird in order to
get users in detail? Do you use a search in the address book, or auto
completion during mail creation etc. ? Thunderbird is not good with
error messages by the way.

Your Wireshark attachment looks like a search operation with a result
set -- which is expected, but I am not able to decrypt it as well.

One idea I had is missing credentials (bind DN), in case you have
anonymous access disabled.

View raw message