directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple Apache DS question
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 20:18:27 GMT
shanebailey@netzero.net a écrit :

>Hi,

Hi !

>I must say, Apache DS will help our project and I am close to getting
>it integrated...
>
>I am using Apache DS for unit testing.  When trying to import this
>(just a piece of my) LDIF:
>
>dn: cn=ABC_gp, ou=Groups, dc=open,dc=org
>displayName: Administrator
>type: 0
>objectClass: top
>objectClass: groupofuniquenames
>objectClass: groupofurls
>objectClass: fbisgroup
>cn: ABC_Admin_gp
>

>I get an exception:
>Caused by:
>org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapInvalidAttributeIdentifierException:
>type not found in attribute registry!

There is at least three problem with this sample, unless you have
declared groupOfUrls and fbisGroup as ObjectClasses into the server.
- groupOfUrls must have been declared into the schema
- fbisGroup must have been declared into the schema
- cn is declared as ABC_gp into the distinguished name, but as
ABC_Admin_gp in the entry, this is not allowed (they should be the same).

Unless you fix those three points, I think you will get the thrown
expection.

I dn't know which version of ADS you are using, but anyway :
- for 1.0.1, to add an ObjectClass just follow the instructions given in
this page :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/custom-schema.html
- for 1.5.0, their is another page, as the schema is now stored into ADS
itself  :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html

Hope it helps !

Emmanuel