directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Alias Problem "failed on search operation: attributeType w/ OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.12 not registered!"
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 21:33:05 GMT
Martin Marcher a écrit :

> On 5/8/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> You know what ? We would be very interested if you can write a simple
>> 'How to' which can be included into the doco. We have  a few articles
>> (http://directory.apache.org/community%26resources/articles.html) which
>> describe ADS usage. We are interesting by some more !
>

> Good point (and a good time for that too),
>
> any guidelines for that how to write it?
>
> Our company is moving to a new location which will involve migrating
> different account systems to ldap and probably kerberos (hope to do
> that in apacheds too) that will involve a major redesign of the
> network too, which has grown in the last few month to a status that is
> annoying at best.
>
> All of this has to be finished until mid of june latest.

Whaoh ! One month to go ...

> Currently we are running an _old_ openLDAP for user logins, an old
> open-xchange setup (using another ldap) that some trainee set up,
> jabber server (with postgres backend) a few webapps with apache auth,
> a crm (http://xrms.sf.net) that can do ldap but uses mysql now. Mail
> with another postgres backend,.....
>
> Plan is to provide ldap logins (or generate the data from ldap if the
> app can't work with it, personally I'm using python although our
> developers do java). So this article could become a little longer.
>
> Usually I do the docs in latex but i'm in the process of switching to
> docbook (more or less) so that could be directly integrated into the
> apacheds site (if you want that).

DocBook could be great, but the best might be a PDF at this point. But
if you feel more confortable with LaTeX, we can switch to PDF from LaTeX
( Of course, it would be better if you can use Postcript fonts).

Even full text will be appreciated :)

Thanks a lot, and keep us informed !

Emmanuel