directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cannot update password as well as attributes in embedded ApacheDS
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 20:18:33 GMT
Amit Vijayant a écrit :

>Hi,

Hi Amit,

>Am using ApacheDS by embedding the same in my webapp. Naturally want to
>update the password from default 'secret'. Am also making use of
>LdapTemplate (http://ldaptemplate.sourceforge.net/) to communicate with
>ApacheDS.
>

>The piece of code updating any attribute (as well as password) looks
>like:
>

>    public void update(User p) throws Exception {
>
>        Name dn = buildUserDn(p);
>
>        DirContextAdapter context =
>
>                (DirContextAdapter)_ldapTemplate.lookup(dn);
>
>        mapToContext(p, context);
>
>        _ldapTemplate.modifyAttributes(dn,
>
>                context.getModificationItems());
>
>    }
>

>This works without any errors and on connecting to ApacheDS via say
>JXplorer shows me the updates.

We also have a LdapBrowser : LdapStudio
(http://directory.apache.org/ldapstudio/)

>However as soon as I bring ApacheDS down
>(and restart) , the changes are lost :-(
>

>Why is ApacheDS not persisting the updates??? What am I missing here?

We have fixed this bug in 1.0 and 1.5 branches, but we still have to
release those versions. What you can do is to build the trunk so that
you can test the server and check that your problem has been fixed.

FYI, 1.0.2 will be released soon (it's a question of days)

Thanks !