directory-users mailing list archives

From "Keith Shu" <ke...@nsys.com.my>
Subject ApacheDS + Kerberos
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 03:56:12 GMT
I've been tinkering with ApacheDS 1.5.1 for the past couple of weeks.
I've had some success with the LDAP directory but I'm having problems
configuring ApacheDS to perform Kerberos authentication.

I've not found any guides or tutorials available for kerberos configuration
on apache DS. I might write one if I get it to work but I'm stuck. So far
I've enabled kerberos and inserted some principals in the LDAP directory.
I've tried testing using kinit and krb5LoginModule and I got as far as
issuing the ticket but I got an exception encoding the ticket on the server
side. (See below)

Is there a guide available for Kerberos on ApacheDS? Something step by step
would be nice. Please help!

Thanks
Keith

---

[15:44:50] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.server.kerberos.protocol.KerberosProtocolHandler] -
/127.0.0.1:2127 EXCEPTION
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolEncoderException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.filterWrite(ProtocolCodecFi
lter.java:241)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callPreviousFilterWrite
(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:445)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1500(AbstractIoF
ilterChain.java:54)
	at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.filterWrite
(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:824)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.filterWrite(ExecutorFilter.ja
va:271)