directory-users mailing list archives

From jasche <Juergen.Aschenbren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: migratiting to ApacheDS
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 11:20:54 GMT
Hi Stefan,

thanks for the explaination. I choose the option of adding this object
class and it worked without further problems.

Thanks a lot

J├╝rgen

Sent to you by jasche via Google Reader: Re: migratiting to ApacheDS
via users@directory.apache.org Archives by Stefan Zoerner
<stefan@labeo.de> on May 23, 2007 jasche wrote: > The actual schema
definition I am missing is: > > objectclass ( 1.3.18.0.2.6.28 >
NAME 'container' > DESC 'An object that can contain other objects.' >
SUP top > STRUCTURAL > MUST cn ) This is an IBM specific objectClass
used in TivoliDS/SecureWayDS to structure the directory entries. In
other directories it is quite common to use organizationalUnit
(ou=...). 1.3.18 stands for IBM. > or similar. Browsing through the
archive I have seen that someone had > the same problem a month ago but
with no solution presented at least I > could understand. I think we
recommended him to use organizationalUnit instead of container. He was
able to change his data. But with the new schema subsystem of ApacheDS
1.5, adding this object class to the server is an easy task. Just
follow the instructions in the page I have already provided to you. You
do not have to define a new attribute type. Use class "container" with
your definition instead of class "ship. > The network directory server
is tivoli (I guess) You are probably right. Greetings from Lake
Constance, Stefan
Things you can do from here:
- Visit the original item on users@directory.apache.org Archives
- Subscribe to users@directory.apache.org Archives using Google Reader
- Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all all your
favorite sites