directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 1.5.0 - Multiple Kerberos KDCs Possible?
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:45:43 GMT
Hi Mike,

No 1.5.x is a series of feature releases so new functionality will be added
with every micro number of the release.  1.5.0 is the first in the series.
1.5.1 is the next until we decide to freeze the features and start focus on
stabilizing them for a 1.6 release.

Keep in mind that odd minor numbers in a branch like 5 in 1.5.x means it's a
feature release branch.  Even minor numbers are for bug fix releases where
there are no new features being added.  So 1.6.1 will only include bug fixes
for 1.6.0 with no new features added.

We intend to add a number of new features for the next 6-8 months on
1.5until we deem it ready for a stable
1.6.0 release.  Around this time you'll see some 1.6.0-RCx releases for
users to start testing the features for stability.  If the users like
yourself are happy and there are no big issues then we will release 1.6.0.

Alex