directory-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] 1.5 Experience Not Good on Windows - More Info - Trying to get basic Import to Work
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:46:21 GMT
Ahhh yeah 1.5 is strictly for JDK 1.5.  If you're trying to use 1.4 it will
bomb out.

Alex

On 4/22/07, CORUM, M E [AG/1000] <m.e.corum@monsanto.com> wrote:
>
>
> I wired it all up in IntelliJ because I kept finding more Jar files that
> the import utility needed so I just added all the /lib jars and set up a
> config in IntelliJ and ran it.  It looks from the error like some jars
> are Java 1.4 and others are Java 1.5.  Perhaps the attempt to go to Java
> 1.5 isn't complete in ApacheDS 1.5?  Again, any help would be
> appreciated.  I'm just trying to load the example data file.  It worked
> great in 1.0.1.  Should I just go back to 1.0.1 and continue trying to
> figure out the Kerberos there?
>
> MikeC
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
>         at
> org.apache.directory.shared.asn1.ber.grammar.AbstractGrammar.<clinit>(Ab
> stractGrammar.java:48)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.LdapMessageContainer.<init>(LdapM
> essageContainer.java:76)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.LdapMessageContainer.<init>(LdapM
> essageContainer.java:64)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.tools.commands.importcmd.ImportCommandExecut
> or.<init>(ImportCommandExecutor.java:114)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.tools.commands.importcmd.ImportCommandExecut
> orSkeleton.execute(ImportCommandExecutorSkeleton.java:34)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.tools.commands.importcmd.ImportCommandExecut
> orStub.execute(ImportCommandExecutorStub.java:36)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.tools.request.BaseToolCommandCL.execute(Base
> ToolCommandCL.java:67)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.tools.ApachedsTools.main(ApachedsTools.java:
> 122)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav
> a:39)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessor
> Impl.java:25)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>         at
> com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: CORUM, M E [AG/1000] [mailto:m.e.corum@monsanto.com]
> Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 9:13 PM
> To: users@directory.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [ApacheDS] 1.5 Experience Not Good on Windows
>
>
> Have others successfully installed and run 1.5 if they previously had
> 1.0.1 (on Windows)?  The reason I ask is that the 1.5 installer doesn't
> work unless you not only uninstall 1.0.1 but manually edit the Windows
> registry to fix up the paths.  Once I did that, I could get the server
> to come up.
>
> The next problem comes when I try to import the example data like I did
> in my 1.0.1 server.  When I run the import in 1.5, I get:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/directory/shared/asn1/Asn1Object
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.tools.commands.importcmd.ImportCommandExe
> cutorSkeleton.execute(ImportCommandExecutorSkeleton.java:34)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.tools.commands.importcmd.ImportCommandExe
> cutorStub.execute(ImportCommandExecutorStub.java:36)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.tools.request.BaseToolCommandCL.execute(B
> aseToolCommandCL.java:67)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.tools.ApachedsTools.main(ApachedsTools.ja
> va:122)
>
> The interesting thing is that I still get it even if I add a -classpath
> to include the shared-asn1-0.9.6.jar which has that class.  Here is the
> command:
>
> C:\apacheds-1.5\bin>java -classpath
> C:\apacheds-1.5\lib\shared-asn1-0.9.6.jar -jar apacheds-tools.jar import
> -f data.ldif -w somedifferentpassword
>
> I was hoping that the Kerberos stuff worked better in 1.5 (I couldn't
> get it to work in 1.0.1 even after finding the hidden docs on the
> internet).
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> MikeC
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------------
> This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential
> information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to
> receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error,
> please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all
> attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use
> of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.
>
>
> All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring,
> reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely
> responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other
> "Malware". Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any
> such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------------
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential
> information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to
> receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
> notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any
> servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is
> strictly prohibited.
>
>
> All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring,
> reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely
> responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
> Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code
> transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message