directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Loading ldif files into apache ds
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:59:26 GMT
George,

On 4/3/07, George Stoianov <gstoyanoff@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Emmanuel,

SNIP ...

failed to add entry o=internet: 2.5.4.10=internet already exists!
> Import failed...

It sounds like you already have an entry here.  Check to see if it's
present.
If so this is a valid response from the server and the client.

Also if the command line tools may be suspect give LDAP studio a try.

http://directory.apache.org/ldapstudio

It seems like now it is making an attempt to add the internet entry
> and failing, and the first problem was that it was not finding it so
> it was not making an attempt to add I am really confused ..... :(

Again check that you did not add it already.  Browse what you have
with LS and see if it's still there.

I tried adding an "-e" option to the import command above, I saw it
> posted on the lists, and that lead to a:

>         at
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.add.AddRequest.computeLength(
> AddRequest.java:281)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.LdapMessage.computeLength(
> LdapMessage.java:535)
>         at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.LdapMessage.encode(
> LdapMessage.java:613)
>         at org.apache.directory.server.tools.ImportCommand.addEntry(
> ImportCommand.java:249)
>         at org.apache.directory.server.tools.ImportCommand.execute(
> ImportCommand.java:666)
>         at org.apache.directory.server.tools.ApachedsTools.main(
> ApachedsTools.java:115)
>
> Is there a way to just load the ldif using the:
> <property name="ldifDirectory">

http://directory.apache.org/ldapstudio
You could do this but LS might be easier.

I alsohave some attributes problems (the export is from a Netscape LDAP
> server).
>
> "... nsuniqueid not found in attribute registry! "
> "...  aci not found in attribute registry! "

These are netscape specific attributes.  ApacheDS will not have these ATs
defined.

If I remove these fields from the ldif will the import work?

It might but this all depends on the schema (objectClasses and
attributeTypes used by
the entries in your LDIF) which if not defined will raise schema
violations.  You may need
to install a new schema to support your LDIF or you may need to massage the
LDIF to use
existing schemas.

HTH,
Alex