directory-users mailing list archives

From "CORUM, M E [AG/1000]" <m.e.co...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: ApacheDS 1.5.0 - Multiple Kerberos KDCs Possible?
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 01:36:26 GMT
I have Kerberos working with ApacheDS 1.5.0 nicely and now I need to
simulate multiple environments if possible.  Is it possible to have a
separate domain in a separate partition that has its own separate
Kerberos KDC?  I tried doing this by just creating a new partition and
setting up its structure and then adding the entries for the Kerberos
stuff (hostldap, krbtgt, etc...) with a new ldif file into this new
partition.  Everything loaded up fine and I can see it all with
JXplorer.  However, I'm not sure how I would set the kdc.entryBaseDn in
the server.xml.  If I have two entries, neither KDC works.  If I have
the original entry that worked before, it continues to work.  If I have
only the new entry, it does NOT work.  Therefore, I'm wondering if there
is a limitation where you can only have one KDC and it can "only" be the
first one that you set up.  I'm hoping to have a KDC to service each
domain/partition if possible.

MikeC

prohibited.