directory-users mailing list archives

From "CORUM, M E [AG/1000]" <m.e.co...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: ApacheDS 1.0.1: Problem with OID registry
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:59:11 GMT
It may be a matter of object classes and attributes missing from the
schema.  You may have to use the sample code they have on the Wiki
(cwiki) for adding attributes to the schema.  I've been doing that in
mine to simulate Active Directory and it works great once you get it set
up.

MikeC

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Pohle [mailto:apache.ds@webunity.de]
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 11:43 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: ApacheDS 1.0.1: Problem with OID registry

Hi everyone...

I try to migrate LDAP Data from Tivoli Directory Server 5.2 to Apache
DS. Since now I worked with ApacheDS in Version 1.0.0 and had no
problem with exporting the data from TDS as ldif file and importing on
apacheds from ldif file.

structure was like this:
dn: dc=douglasholding
ObjectClass: domain
ObjectClass: extensibleObject
ObjectClass: top
dc: douglasholding

dn: dc=applications,dc=douglasholding
ObjectClass: domain
ObjectClass: top
dc: applications

dn: dc=organisation,dc=douglasholding
ObjectClass: domain
ObjectClass: top
dc: organisation

dn: dc=verwaltung,dc=douglasholding
ObjectClass: domain
ObjectClass: top
dc: verwaltung

dn: cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: container
objectClass: top
cn: users

Now I have installed ApacheDS in Version 1.0.1 and also tried to
migrate my old data via ldif file export and import. But now I do get
error messages when I try to create the following:
dn: cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: container
objectClass: top
cn: users

The error message is:
Error while importing LDIF
   [LDAP: error code 17 - failed to add entry
cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING: OID for name 'container' was
not found within the OID registry]

As a "dumb" user that I am (smile) I tried to do the following:
dn: cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: top
cn: users

But then I do get the following error message:
Error while importing LDIF
   [LDAP: error code 65 - failed to add entry
cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING: Attribute cn not declared in
objectClasses of entry cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING]

Does anybody know why I am able to import ldif in ApacheDS Version
1.0.0 and not able to import in ApacheDS Version 1.0.1?

I would appreciate every help, hint and tip!

Thanks in advance
Markus

prohibited.