directory-users mailing list archives

From "CORUM, M E [AG/1000]" <m.e.co...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] 1.5 Experience Not Good on Windows - Next Problem - more on that
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:04:11 GMT
That file format works if the name of the file is kerberos.ldif but does
not work if the name of the file is admin.ldif.

If this is specified (c:\\path\\to\\admin.ldif), the error message says
that c:\\path\\to\\?min.ldif can't be found.  Notice how the word
"admin" was changed by the code to "?min".  This seems to only happen
with the word "admin".

Mike Corum

-----Original Message-----
From: Enrique Rodriguez [mailto:enriquer9@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:27 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ApacheDS] 1.5 Experience Not Good on Windows - Next
Problem - more on that

On 4/22/07, CORUM, M E [AG/1000] <m.e.corum@monsanto.com> wrote:
> This code for automatically loading an ldif file using the
ldifDirectory
> property seems pretty badly broken on Windows for 1.5.  It always
strips
> off the first two characters of the file name and puts a question mark
> in front it.  I've tried every combination of file names and
directories
> I can think of and it always defeats me.  Does anybody have this
working
> with 1.5 on Windows?

I believe that for Windows you would need the following format:

c:\\path\\to\\admin.ldif

as in:

File f = new File("c:\\path\\to\\admin.ldif");

I've never tried it with just a directory path, so I'm surprised that
works.  Also, I'm not on Windows so please let us know if that File
format doesn't work.

Enrique

prohibited.