directory-users mailing list archives

From "CORUM, M E [AG/1000]" <m.e.co...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] 1.5 Kerberos Support and Custom Attribute in Schema
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:00:26 GMT
Stefan,

Yes, thank you.  I had found that page earlier but had not read it yet.
The Kerberos stuff from the page that referenced it was inaccurate so I
wasn't sure whether these wiki pages were trustworthy or not.  I'll dig
into this more deeply.  Right now, I'm looking into the OIDs for Active
Directory's custom attributes (the over 200 additions to the standard
that AD makes).

Thanks again,

MikeC

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Seelmann [mailto:mail@stefan-seelmann.de]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 3:28 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ApacheDS] 1.5 Kerberos Support and Custom Attribute in
Schema

Hi Mike,

CORUM, M E [AG/1000] schrieb:

> [13:00:25] ERROR
> [org.apache.directory.server.protocol.shared.store.LdifFileLoader] -
> Failed to import LDIF into backing store.

org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapInvalidAttributeIdentifie
> rException: serviceprincipalname not found in attribute registry!
> 	at

org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.SchemaService.check(SchemaServic
> e.java:1809)
>
> I assume I could add this attribute to the schema.  However, when I
read
> the custom schema stuff in the 1.0 documentation, it refers to a
> bootstrapSchemas section in the server.xml that doesn't exist.  I
tried
> putting it in and the server won't come up so that doesn't work.  How
is
> this done now?  I assume it has changed but the change isn't
documented.

> Can anybody help with adding an attribute to the schema or set of
> schemas that ApacheDS uses?

The schema subsystem has totally changed with 1.5. Here you can find a
first (but good) draft of some documentation:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSBOX/Add+your+first+eleme
nts+to+the+schema

Regards,
Stefan Seelmann