directory-users mailing list archives

From "CORUM, M E [AG/1000]" <m.e.co...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] 1.5 Experience Not Good on Windows - Next Problem - more on that
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 03:43:47 GMT
This code for automatically loading an ldif file using the ldifDirectory
property seems pretty badly broken on Windows for 1.5.  It always strips
off the first two characters of the file name and puts a question mark
in front it.  I've tried every combination of file names and directories
I can think of and it always defeats me.  Does anybody have this working
with 1.5 on Windows?

MikeC

-----Original Message-----
From: CORUM, M E [AG/1000]
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:33 PM
To: 'users@directory.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [ApacheDS] 1.5 Experience Not Good on Windows - Next
Problem

Now, I'm trying to use the following code in the server.xml:

    <property name="ldifDirectory">
      <value>C:/ApacheDS_ldapusers</value>
    </property>
    <property name="ldifFilters">
      <list>
        <bean
class="org.apache.directory.server.protocol.shared.store.Krb5KdcEntryFil
ter"/>
      </list>
    </property>

I've tried every value I can think of to try for the "ldifDirectory"
value.  I tried a file name at the end and that ended up with the same
exact error as if I didn't use a file name.  The error from the code
above is listed below.  I have one file in that directory called
"admin.ldif".  Can anybody suggest syntax that might work?  I tried all
the suggestions in the comments in the file and none worked (although I
didn't try the file:/// syntax - is that really the only one that
works?).  Whether I specify a file name or not, it find the file and
swallows the first two letters and puts in a question mark, hmmm.

[22:28:44] ERROR [org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper] - Failed on
org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(InstallationLayout, String[])
javax.naming.NamingException: Invalid value :
C:\ApacheDS_ldapusers?min.ldif
	at
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schema.DeepTrimToLowerNormalizer.normal
ize(DeepTrimToLowerNormalizer.java:65)

MikeC

prohibited.