directory-users mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] 1.5 Experience Not Good on Windows
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:13:42 GMT
On 4/22/07, CORUM, M E [AG/1000] <m.e.corum@monsanto.com> wrote:
> I was hoping that the Kerberos stuff worked better in 1.5 (I couldn't
> get it to work in 1.0.1 even after finding the hidden docs on the
> internet).

Hi, Mike,

The "hidden" documentation you are referring to is targeting Apache
Directory 1.5.1, which is why it is in the wiki Sandbox.  Apache
Directory 1.5.1 will be a major release for LDAP+Kerberos, with a
number of Kerberos usability issues worked-out.  I wrote a narrative
for the issues to address for Kerberos at the following page, also in
the Sandbox:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSBOX/Realm+Control+Initiatives

A couple of the problems you are running into are directly related to
those initiatives.  I have a good handle on the top 5 issues and I
expect to start coding in earnest after the SASL branch merges,
probably in a week.

I'm in the middle of traveling but I'll get on your questions shortly.

Enrique