directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 1.0.1: Problem with OID registry
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:26:37 GMT
Hallo Markus!

Markus Pohle wrote:
> dn: cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING
> objectClass: container
> objectClass: top
> cn: users

Object class container is probably the IBM specific one with OID
1.3.18.0.2.6.28 as described here:

http://www.alvestrand.no/objectid/1.3.18.0.2.6.28.html

ApacheDS does not ship with these schema elements out-of-the-box. I
assume that it worked in 1.0.0 because of an error in the schema
subsystem,which has been fixed in 1.0.1.

> Now I have installed ApacheDS in Version 1.0.1 and also tried to migrate
> my old data via ldif file export and import. But now I do get error
> messages when I try to create the following:
> dn: cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING
> objectClass: container
> objectClass: top
> cn: users
>
> The error message is:
> Error while importing LDIF
>   [LDAP: error code 17 - failed to add entry
> cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING: OID for name 'container' was
> not found within the OID registry]
>
> As a "dumb" user that I am (smile) I tried to do the following:
> dn: cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING
> objectClass: top
> cn: users

Not bad, but the entry is invalid as well ;-)

One option which might do as a workaround (unfortunately I have no 1.0.1
here to test it myself) would be this

dn: cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
cn: users

> Does anybody know why I am able to import ldif in ApacheDS Version 1.0.0
> and not able to import in ApacheDS Version 1.0.1?
>
> I would appreciate every help, hint and tip!

Another option (as MikeC suggested): add the missing IBM-related
attribute types, objectClasses etc. to the schema. Changing the LDIF (if
possible) in order to make it schema compliant is obviously easier ...

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan Z.