directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LDAP Studio] Get Base DNs from Root DSE seems broken
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:33:58 GMT
Kock, Boris schrieb:
> Hi there,
>
> In the Options tab of the connection properties there is an option: Get base DNs from
Root DSE. When connection to our LDAP directory server with this option selected the Base
DNs are not displayed. Other LDAP browsers are able to show this information. I can only browse
the directory when the Base DN is filled in.
> Has anyone experienced the same and is there is solution for this?
>
> I am using LDAP studio version 0.7.0 on windows XP professional.
>
> Boris
>

> This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.
It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.
and inform the sender. Thank you.

There are some issues with the empty DN in 0.7.0, see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-74. They should be fixed
in the next release 0.8.0.

Nevertheless, could you please post an LDIF of the RootDSE of your
directory, or at least the namingContexts attribute? And which kind of
directory server do you use?

Kind Regards,
Stefan Seelmann