directory-users mailing list archives

From Markus Pohle <apache...@webunity.de>
Subject ApacheDS 1.0.1: Problem with OID registry
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:43:25 GMT

Hi everyone...

I try to migrate LDAP Data from Tivoli Directory Server 5.2 to Apache
DS. Since now I worked with ApacheDS in Version 1.0.0 and had no
problem with exporting the data from TDS as ldif file and importing on
apacheds from ldif file.

structure was like this:
dn: dc=douglasholding
ObjectClass: domain
ObjectClass: extensibleObject
ObjectClass: top
dc: douglasholding

dn: dc=applications,dc=douglasholding
ObjectClass: domain
ObjectClass: top
dc: applications

dn: dc=organisation,dc=douglasholding
ObjectClass: domain
ObjectClass: top
dc: organisation

dn: dc=verwaltung,dc=douglasholding
ObjectClass: domain
ObjectClass: top
dc: verwaltung

dn: cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: container
objectClass: top
cn: users

Now I have installed ApacheDS in Version 1.0.1 and also tried to
migrate my old data via ldif file export and import. But now I do get
error messages when I try to create the following:
dn: cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: container
objectClass: top
cn: users

The error message is:
Error while importing LDIF
   [LDAP: error code 17 - failed to add entry
cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING: OID for name 'container' was
not found within the OID registry]

As a "dumb" user that I am (smile) I tried to do the following:
dn: cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING
objectClass: top
cn: users

But then I do get the following error message:
Error while importing LDIF
   [LDAP: error code 65 - failed to add entry
cn=users,dc=VERWALTUNG,dc=DOUGLASHOLDING: Attribute cn not declared in
objectClasses of entry cn=users,DC=VERWALTUNG,DC=DOUGLASHOLDING]

Does anybody know why I am able to import ldif in ApacheDS Version
1.0.0 and not able to import in ApacheDS Version 1.0.1?

I would appreciate every help, hint and tip!

Thanks in advance
Markus