directory-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions...
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:37:31 GMT
Hi Dave !

On 3/27/07, Dave Bartlett <Dave.Bartlett@medecision.com> wrote:

> I am evaluating LDAP implementations.  I had a difficult time
> determining if Apache Directory can perform some password policy
> functions such as max and min characters in password, expiration days,
> warning days before expiration, logon attempts, etc.

No, we didn't implemented password policies right now. But this is something
we might do sooner or later.

In Apache
> Directory would this be done through 'custom authenticators'?

Sure. This is not  really the simpliest way to do it, but this is the way to
go. We may think about other options, like triggers or Store procedures (we
have both) to handle such policies. For instance, with Stored Procedures, we
can check if the password is correct in regard with the given policy. The
good point about SP is that it's basically a java class you simply store
into the server, as any other Ldap element, so you don't have to rebuild the
server.

Alex and Ersin, correct me if I'm wrong !

Emmanuel

Thank you,

--
Cordialement,