directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Quinn" <jpyobjcd...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] JLDAP Libraries
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 02:04:00 GMT
Good evening,

I was wondering is anybody with an opinion on the JLDAP (
http://www.openldap.org/jldap/) libraries for accessing and doing basic
operations LDAP in java business logic.

- Are there any advantages to using those libraries?
- Are there any dangers of using them?
-- eg. Saturation of knowledge that should be focussed on
java.naming.*foundations.
- Are there advantages with older JVMs (eg. 1.3)

I've used them in the past but had problems with LDAPS and find that using
java.naming.InitialDirContext just works without any problems with LDAPS.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated :^)

-TQ

BTW - I have to write some 1.3n LDAP logic over the next few days (not for
ApacheDS) and don't have to worry about LDAPS (right away).