directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Quinn" <jpyobjcd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS Authorization] HELP - Server will no longer start
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:14:11 GMT
NP. Just verified on an OOTB install of ApacheDS 1.01:

1) Found my derelict iBook and dusted it off ;)
2) Installed ApacheDS (ok after sudoing installer)
3) Started Server (ok)
4) Connected to server using LDAP Studio (ok)
5) Added administrativeRole attribute to entry (ok)
6) Added a good ACI Entry (copied from working sever - ok)
7) Removed a curly brace from the prescriptiveaci attribute (ok)
8) Stopped and restarted server (barf)
... Server barfed out the error as it did on my windoze box.

:: workaround steps ::
9) Commented out Authorization bean entry in server.xml (ok)
10) Restarted server (ok)
11) Fixed bad ACI Entry (ok)
12) Restarted server (ok)
... Worked ok - Server started without any problems.

Thanks for your help guys and great work ;)

-TQ