directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Quinn" <jpyobjcd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS Authorization] Generic Bind User Config
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2007 00:31:01 GMT
On 3/21/07, Tim Quinn <jpyobjcdude@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to create a non-privledged system user for other systems to
> do authentication binds for centralized password management. I want to avoid
> using anonymous binds to the server.
>
> I only want this user to be able to bind and not have any browse / read /
> modify / delete access to the directory.
>
> Do I need to set up an Access Control Subentry to do this?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> ;)

I figured this one out and have gotten Authorization working correctly how I
want. Looks like OOTB, any user can bind to any DN without requiring any ACI
Authorization configuration as long as the user knows the complete DN to
bind to. If the user requires search capability, then it may be necessary to
configure Authorization.

..TQ