directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Quinn" <jpyobjcd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS Authorization] HELP - Server will no longer start
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:19:09 GMT

> As it's currently implemented if accessControlEnabled is set to false
> authz.AuthorizationService does not make any authorization operations and
> just bypasses the requests (and responses). So you rproblem may be related
> to something different.

I just verified again. By removing just the last close curly brace, the
start fails with the following

~snip~
2007-03-23 18:12:13,062 [Thread-0] WARN  191 TupleCache.subentryAdded -
ACIItem parser failure on 'null'. Cannnot add ACITuples to TupleCache.
java.text.ParseException: Parser failure on ACIItem:
        {
   identificationTag "enableSearchForADSGenReader_ACI",
   precedence 10,
   authenticationLevel none,
   itemOrUserFirst userFirst:
   {
     userClasses
     {
       name { "uid=ADSGenReader,ou=admin,ou=system" }
     },
     userPermissions
     {
       {
         protectedItems { entry, allUserAttributeTypesAndValues },
         grantsAndDenials { grantRead, grantBrowse, grantReturnDN,
                            grantCompare, grantFilterMatch,
grantDiscloseOnError }
       },
       {
         protectedItems { attributeType { userPassword } },
         grantsAndDenials { denyRead, denyCompare, denyFilterMatch }
       }
     }
}
Antlr exception trace:
expecting CLOSE_CURLY, found 'null'
        at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.aci.ACIItemParser.parse(
ACIItemParser.java:128)
        at org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.TupleCache.subentryAdded(
TupleCache.java:186)
~/snip~

This error shows up and the server fails to start regardless of the
accessControlEnabled setting in config.xml.

If you want, I can build up a test case on a OOTB fresh installation to make
sure that it is not related to some of my own jars.

..TQ