directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Quinn" <jpyobjcd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS Authorization] HELP - Server will no longer start
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:00:38 GMT

> Hi,
>
> Can you please post the ACIItem you have written?
>
> On 3/22/07, Tim Quinn <jpyobjcdude@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've been playing around with ACI and am getting the following barf on
> > server startup (which fails):
> >
> > 2007-03-21 23:51:18,375 [Thread-0] WARN  191 TupleCache.subentryAdded -
> > ACIItem parser failure on 'null'. Cannnot add ACITuples to TupleCache.
> > java.text.ParseException: Parser failure on ACIItem:
> >         {
> >     identificationTag "enableSearchForAllUsers",
> >     precedence 14,
> > }
> > Antlr exception trace:
> > unexpected token: name
> >         at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.aci.ACIItemParser.parse(
> > ACIItemParser.java:128)
> >         at
> org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.TupleCache.subentryAdded
> > (
> > TupleCache.java:186)
> >         at org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.TupleCache.initialize(
> > TupleCache.java:139)
> >         at org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.TupleCache.<init>(
> > TupleCache.java:101)
> >         at
> > org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.AuthorizationService.init(
> > AuthorizationService.java:173)
> >         at
> > org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register0(
> > InterceptorChain.java:436)
> >         at
> > org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register(
> > InterceptorChain.java:395)
> >         at
> > org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.init(
> > InterceptorChain.java:260)
> >
> > ~end~
> >
> > I have tried turning off accessControlEnabled to see if that allows me
> > start the server but it does not. How to I fix this entry?
> >
> > I seem to be snookered at the moment :(
> >
> > Thanks,
> > JsD
> >

> --
> Ersin

Hello Ersin,

The syntax that I had contained a trivial error that I have since fixed. The
main problem I had was that I could not bring the server back up to fix this
syntax error. This caused a bit of a scare for me.

Since I know that others will experience the same, maybe there should be a
patch put into authz.AuthorizationService to detect the accessControlEnabled
setting in the server config.xml and not completely block the server startup
if accessControlEnabled is set to false...?

..JsD