directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Quinn" <jpyobjcd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS Authorization] HELP - Server will no longer start
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 03:12:50 GMT
On 3/21/07, Tim Quinn <jpyobjcdude@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been playing around with ACI and am getting the following barf on
> server startup (which fails):
>
> 2007-03-21 23:51:18,375 [Thread-0] WARN  191 TupleCache.subentryAdded -
> ACIItem parser failure on 'null'. Cannnot add ACITuples to TupleCache.
> java.text.ParseException: Parser failure on ACIItem:
>         {
>     identificationTag "enableSearchForAllUsers",
>     precedence 14,
> }
> Antlr exception trace:
> unexpected token: name
>         at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.aci.ACIItemParser.parse(
> ACIItemParser.java:128)
>         at org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.TupleCache.subentryAdded
> (TupleCache.java:186)
>         at org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.TupleCache.initialize (
> TupleCache.java:139)
>         at org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.TupleCache.<init>(
> TupleCache.java:101)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.AuthorizationService.init(
> AuthorizationService.java :173)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register0(
> InterceptorChain.java:436)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register(
> InterceptorChain.java :395)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.init(
> InterceptorChain.java:260)
>
> ~end~
>
> I have tried turning off accessControlEnabled to see if that allows me to
> start the server but it does not. How to I fix this entry?
>
> I seem to be snookered at the moment :(
>
> Thanks,
> JsD

Resolved =^o

Fix required to get around this ugly situation:
In Config.xml, comment out AuthorizationService Interceptor definition.
~snip~
        <!--bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.MutableInterceptorConfiguration
">
          <property name="name" value="authorizationService" />
          <property name="interceptor">
            <bean class="
org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.AuthorizationService" />
          </property>
        </bean-->
~/snip~

Regards,