directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache DS on AIX 5.3 on Power5
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:36:15 GMT
Hi Markus,

Looks like the maven plugin for building installers bombed out on you.  This
makes sense since
it probably did not recognize the OS.

snip ...

then went to server-installers and did a "mvn install" - result was an error
I do get this error messages:

[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:site': Unable
to find the mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:site' in the
plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin'
org/apache/maven/doxia/module/xhtml/decoration/render/RenderingContext
[INFO]

This is just a bunch of maven garbage due to dependencies.

Anyone any idea why this happened?

Yeah maven bombed but it's error message is not clear.  Bottom line is you
are on a machine that does not support the native daemons we have to the
server installer maven plugin may be barfing because of this.  This however
is not hard to add.

Did anyone ever build Apache DS to run on AIX 5.3 on Power5 plattform?

Nope but you can help us here.  Do us a favor and checkout and build the
following on your AIX machine:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/daemon/trunk/src/native/unix/

Once you have the aix binary for jsvc attach it to a JIRA issue.  I will
then add this to the installer builder so you can build installer for AIX.
Cool?

Alex