directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Logback for ApacheDS (Was: Re: Integration test with Apache Directory server)
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:14:13 GMT
On 3/21/07, Ceki Gülcü <listid@qos.ch> wrote:

> At 05:01 AM 3/21/2007, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> >Youch!  Why the switch to LGPL for Logback?  Yeah you're right we
> definitely
> >
> >cannot use it :(.
>
> OK, this one gets asked frequently. Basically, the license change is to
> emphasize that logback is a new and different project. Other than that, I
> find conditions of the LGPL fairly reasonable, but again I am certainly
> not
> an expert.

This is a rediculous reason to go LGPL.  Let's change the license so it's
clear to people that it is a different project?  Are you serious?  It's
clear to us now since we cannot use it.

Hani is right you have lost your logging mind.

I just want to stick to a single Logging framework and not have to deal with
all this confusion every other year.

So why is Logback the best implementation out there now?

Alex