directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issues encountered while installing ApacheDS 1.0.1 on Mac OS X 1.4.9
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 00:48:50 GMT
Hi Flemming,

On 3/7/07, Flemming Kjær Jensen <fkjensen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ApacheDS docs team,
>
> please know that the installer burps the following when installing on Mac
> OS
> X 1.4.9
>
> fkj@macpro% java -jar apacheds-1.0.1-macosx-i386-setup.jar
> ~/projects/apacheds/src
> 2007-03-07 11:35:42.267 java[25212] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading
> code
> /Users/fkj/Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra
> Enabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Menu Extra Enabler for bundle
> /Users/fkj/Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra
> Enabler.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())

Hmmm I'm trying to figure out if this ~/projects/apacheds/src term is an
argument you're trying to give the installer.

Further more I can't seem to make heads or tails out of this cryptic error
message from IzPack.

BTW are you on Mac Intel?  I will check if I can reproduce these errors
on my MBP PPC.

fkj@macbookpro% java -jar apacheds-1.0.1-macosx-i386-setup.jar
> ~/projects/apacheds/src
> 2007-03-07 11:37:40.191 java[12109] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading
> code
> /Users/fkj/Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra
> Enabler.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Menu Extra Enabler for bundle
> /Users/fkj/Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra
> Enabler.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())
>
> Another issue encountered is the installer suspects that Mac OS X needs a
> /etc/init.d directory normally found only on Linux distributions (and
> perhaps even Solaris and BSDs). I had to create that directory with write
> permissions for my user to correct that.

Yeah this is a known flaw for MacOSX.  We need to fix this at some point but
it's not a show stopper.  If you file a JIRA for it we'll eventually get to
this.

Actually we need a better installer for MacOSX.  IzPack is just not cutting
it
on this platform.  I guess it could be made to work better to some degree
though.

I should perhaps file this also as a bug report, but... We will see. This is
> a workaround that works, hopefully.

That would be great.  Thanks Flemming.

Alex