directory-users mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <lis...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Integration test with Apache Directory server
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:24:33 GMT

Hi Emmanuel,

I'd be happy to any questions you have about logback. Given that you are
already using SLF4J, using logback as your underlying logging system should
be extremely easy. Logback implements the SLF4J API natively. So, if you
are using logback you have go through SLF4J. The inverse is obviously not
true.

So in your case, you have to declare logback as a dependency in the pom.xml
file of your project and include a config file (logback.xml). However,
since logback is licensed under LGPL, ASF's licensing policy will not allow
Apache DS to depend on  logback. So, I guess logback is not an option after
all.

Bummer.

--
Ceki Gülcü