directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Embedded with Partitions
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:45:47 GMT
Brit and Katherine wrote:
> I followed the example on how to embed
> ApacheDS and was successful deploying it to JBoss and
> even adding a custom
> schema. However I need to know how to enable my
> partitions like I did with
> the server.xml file for the stand-alone deployment.
>
> Is there any documentation on how to do this?

I assume you used the embedded web application example from here:
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html

This is the most simple way to embed ApacheDS, it does not use Spring,
and it is therefore not possible to configure this embedded server
example with a bean definition file (server.xml) out of the box.

You have two options: Include the Spring configuration in the embedded
version (raise a bean factory etc.) (like the standalone version does),
or configure your partitions programmatically.

Greetings, Stefan