directory-users mailing list archives

From "Flavio Minori" <flavio.min...@topcs.it>
Subject [ApacheDS] Password refresh
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:16:00 GMT
Hi all,
I am devoloping my own application and I use Apache DS 1.0.1 + Spring +
Acegi.
When I need to update the userPassword attribute, I use something like this:

[CODE]
BasicAttribute userPasswordAttribute = new BasicAttribute("userPassword");
ModificationItem replacedPassword = new
ModificationItem(DirContext.REPLACE_ATTRIBUTE,userPasswordAttribute);
ModificationItem[] modificationItemArray = new ModificationItem[1];
modificationItemArray[0] = "newPasswordString"; try {
ldapTemplate.modifyAttributes(distinguishedName.toString(),modificationItemA
rray);
} catch (DataAccessException e) { ...
[/CODE]

This works right, but every time I need to restart APACHE DS because finally
I understood the APACHEDS simple authenticator uses a cache.

For me possible solutions are:

1) invalidate this cache from the server.xml configuration? How can I do?

2) use my own authenticator that extends the SimpleAuthenticator .. just
remove 2 lines about cache check .. but I need to rebuild it all ..

Best regards,

Flavio