directory-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compiling from source
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:55:33 GMT
The best solution right now would be to follow those steps :

- install a subversion client (http://subversion.tigris.org/)
- install a JDK (1.4 or, better, 1.5)
- install Maven 2.0.4 (http://maven.apache.org/)
- check out the sources :
svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/branches/1.0-with-dependencies/apacheds
- compile the project
cd apacheds
mvn install
- if you want to use eclipse, do :
mvn eclipse:eclipse
- now, the jars are created an located in
~/.m2/repository/org/apache/directory/... directories
- launch eclipse, and import all the projects into your workspace.

You are up and running ...

We are in the process of packaging a source jar for 1.0.1, but it will take
a little while (one or two weeks, we are currently very busy fixing bugs in
1.0.0 and revamping the site ...)

Hope it helps

Emmanuel

--