directory-users mailing list archives

From "Elie Ciment" <ecim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Microsoft AD
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:51:49 GMT

> > A question I have is can I leverage the code for this Studio without the
> > front end - I want to query Active Directory without having the
> > presentation
> > handle it, but only the underlying code to incorporate it in my Struts
> > web
> > application.
>
> np at all, but no need to use LdapStudio at all. The best solution would
> be either to use JNDI or (in my mind, much better), the OpenLdap API for
> java (http://www.openldap.org/jldap/)
>
> Emmanuel

So, I cannot use LDAPStudio classes for querying AD, and I should use
OpenLDAP or JNDI? The reason I wanted to use Apache Directory (LDAPStudio)
classes is because as an ASF project I know that there was a lot of thought
put into the design of the code and that there will be an active mailing
list for support when needed. I feel that with all open source projects in
the ASF you can turn to them for help and somebody's always there for you.

In addition, Apache will go through the trouble of finding the right code to
use, ie OpenLDAP and JNDI. So, using those classes that Apache builds which
make the most of the underlying classes - much better than a beginner would
- I would love to just take a pre-bundled project that is easy to use.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
EC