directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Triplesec] User Authentication problem in Windows XP
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:24:56 GMT
On 2/26/07, Keesjan van Bunningen <keesjan.vanbunningen@finalist.com> wrote:

> Hi Arnab Hazra,
>
> Apparently, you need to install Kerberos 5 on your Windows XP machine
> before you can successfully run this demo.

This is not at all necessary.  The Java Krb5LoginModule that comes with the
JDK just needs the krb5.ini file to get it's configuration.

Triplesec itself does not need any other Kerberos configuration files.  It's
a the KDC.

Alex

Have a look at this website for more details: http://web.mit.edu/Kerberos/