directory-users mailing list archives

From "Keesjan van Bunningen" <keesjan.vanbunnin...@finalist.com>
Subject RE: [Triplesec] User Authentication problem in Windows XP
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:20:18 GMT
Hi Arnab Hazra,

Apparently, you need to install Kerberos 5 on your Windows XP machine before you can successfully
run this demo.

Have a look at this website for more details: http://web.mit.edu/Kerberos/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Keesjan van Bunningen
Senior Software Developer

Finalist IT Group - never stop developing!
Mobiel: +31 6 24 693 631
Telefoon: +31 88 217 08 26
Fax: +31 88 217 08 91
http://www.finalist.com <https://webmail.finalist.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.finalist.com>

________________________________

Van: Arnab Hazra [mailto:arnab.hazra@mindteck.com]
Verzonden: ma 26-2-2007 15:36
Aan: users@directory.apache.org
Onderwerp: [Triplesec] User Authentication problem in Windows XP

Hi,

I am using Triplesec 0.7.1 in an windows XP operating system. JDK 1.4.2 and Tomcat 4.1.34
is installed in my system. Now I am having some problem in running the demo application which
I downloaded from the link provided in User's Guide/Running Demo Application using Triplesec.
It is a web application that asks for a username and password to log into the application.

The problems that I am facing are in configuration settings :-

1> I did not find any krb5.ini or krb5.conf in my system. So, I manually created the file
and copied it into the directory C:\WINNT. The file that I  created was obtained by editing
a linux version krb5.conf file which I found in the user guide manual. Many files like krb5libs.log,
krbkdc.log, kadmind.log, kdc.conf are also missing from my system, and I have no idea what
it should contain. So, it would be a great help if you can suggest a proper krb5.ini file
for an windows XP operating system and along with it the details related to the missing files.
I am using the following krb5.ini file :

[logging]
 default = C:/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = C:/log/krb5kdc.log
 admin_server = C:/log/kadmind.log

[libdefaults]
 default_realm = SAFEHAUS.ORG
 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = false

 ticket_lifetime = 24h
 forwardable = yes

 default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-md5
 default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-md5
 preferred_enctypes = des-cbc-md5
 permitted_enctypes = des-cbc-md5

[realms]
 SAFEHAUS.ORG = {
  kdc = localhost:88
  admin_server = localhost:749
  default_domain = karasulu.homeip.net
 }

[domain_realm]
 .karasulu.homeip.net = SAFEHAUS.ORG
 karasulu.homeip.net = SAFEHAUS.ORG

[kdc]
 profile = C:/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[appdefaults]
 pam = {
   debug = false
   forwardable = true
   krb4_convert = false
 }

2> Secondly, from where should we retrieve the user login id and HausPass password.

Eagerly waiting to get response from you.

Thank You
Arnab Hazra
Note:
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must
not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient. MINDTECK and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Thank You.