directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: embedding apacheds
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:32:15 GMT
Hi Clayton!

Clayton Hicklin wrote:
> Can someone please point me to some good resources/documentation on how
> to embed ApacheDS into another application.  The website and wiki both
> seem to be missing this information and any links I can find with Google
> are removed or out of date.  Thanks!

One option is to take a look at the conference materials

http://directory.apache.org/community%26resources/conference-materials.html

for instance this one

http://directory.apache.org/community%26resources/embedding-apacheds.html

We are currently improving documentation in this area, so the following
is incomplete and not "good" at all yet. But perhaps it is sufficient
for your needs.

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding.html
(The test case starts and stops an embedded server)

I am currently developing an example on how to embed ApacheDS in a Web
Application.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSBOX/Embedding+ApacheDS+as+a+Web+Application

The aim is to have to most simple example which is still impressive.
Unfortunately, the site currently only shows the idea, the design and
the source code. But I hope to complete it this week. Any feedback is
welcome.

I hope this helps // Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---

Stefan Zoerner (szoerner@apache.org)
Committer :: PMC Member