directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Alain RIVIERE <parivi...@ippon.fr>
Subject Re: ApacheDS non US-ASCII DN manipulation?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:17:51 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Well, I was wrong. What I wanted to say is that the filter is looking
> for :
> member=cn=Pierre-Alain
> RIVIERE,ou=Peoples,ou=Paris,ou=Offices,dc=ippon,dc=fr
> and there is no entry with this value, hence the exception.
The result is the same even if you process a search over an existing entry.

"(&(member=cn=Bad Eékà,ou=Paris,ou=Offices,dc=ippon,dc=fr)" +
          "(objectClass=ipponGroup))";

"(&(member=cn=Good One,ou=Paris,ou=Offices,dc=ippon,dc=fr)" +
           "(objectClass=ipponGroup))";

And even if "member=cn=Pierre-Alain
RIVIERE,ou=Peoples,ou=Paris,ou=Offices,dc=ippon,dc=fr" does not exist
ApacheDS should not throw NPE.

> I have the same pb... Looking...
>
> Sorry, I did the test while fixing many differnet other things, so the
> bumpy
> feeling you may have...

No problem, you seem to be a busy guy ;)