directory-users mailing list archives

From legolas wood <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can not import test data into ApacheDS due to its error
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:26:13 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Ok, here is the status :
>
> On 2/1/07, legolas wood <legolas.w@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to import the sample data mentioned in
>>
>> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/about-the-sample-configurations-and-sample-directory-data.data/apache_ds_tutorial.ldif

>> into the apacheDS 1.0 which i have installed from its exe file.
>>
>> here is the command that i execute :
>>
>> java -jar apacheds-tools.jar import -u "uid=admin, ou=system" -w secret
>> -e -f c:/ldapData.ldif
>>
>> I get the following message :
>> Done!
>> 0 users changed in 0 seconds
>>

>> Can some one give me some help about this ?
>

> apacheds-tools seems to be totally buggy. I watched the logs on the
> server,
> and what I saw is just a BIND and immediatly an UNBIND request. No
> time for
> any ADDDRequest.
>
> Anyone want to dig this apachedsTools ?

Hi
Do you tried to import the data using JXplorer ?
Here is the complete stacktrace of error that JXplorer version 3.1
return when i try to import file using JXplorer

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - failed to add
entry ou=people,o=sevenSeas: ou=people,o=sevenSeas]; remaining name
'ou=people,o=sevenSeas'
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_createSubcontext(Unknown Source)
    at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_createSubcontext(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.createSubcontext(Unknown
Source)
    at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.createSubcontext(Unknown
Source)
    at com.ca.commons.jndi.JNDIOps.addEntry(JNDIOps.java:471)
    at com.ca.commons.naming.DXOps.addEntry(DXOps.java:327)
    at com.ca.commons.naming.DXOps.addEntryToDirectory(DXOps.java:308)
    at com.ca.commons.naming.DXOps.modifyEntry(DXOps.java:280)
    at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.JNDIBroker.unthreadedModify(JNDIBroker.java:1046)
    at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.LdifImport.readLdifTree(LdifImport.java:206)
    at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.LdifImport$1.doExtendedRequest(LdifImport.java:115)
    at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.Broker.doExtendedQuery(Broker.java:362)
    at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.Broker.processRequest(Broker.java:214)
    at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.JNDIBroker.processRequest(JNDIBroker.java:360)
    at com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.Broker.processQueue(Broker.java:158)
    at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.JNDIBroker.processQueue(JNDIBroker.java:877)
    at com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.Broker.run(Broker.java:124)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)