directory-users mailing list archives

From "Juergen Weber" <webe...@gmail.com>
Subject How to plug in custom Partition
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:33:17 GMT
Hi,

OK, I understand that my custom Partition should extend
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.AbstractPartition.

But I am lacking a little to get it to run.

I have added a
  <bean id="myPartition" class="test.MyPartition">
    <property name="name" value="test" />
  </bean>

the constructor gets called, my Eclipse breakpoint stops.
But nothing more gets called, I assume
init( DirectoryServiceConfiguration factoryCfg, PartitionConfiguration cfg )
should be called, too, should it?

I copyied and adapted the examplePartitionConfiguration from
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/14-basic-configuration-tasks.html
but where is the connection between my PartitionConfiguration and the
actual Partition code?

Please do answer to
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=DIRxSRVx10&title=Implementing%20an%20alternative%20Backend&linkCreation=true&fromPageId=31355
;-)