directory-users mailing list archives

From "Juergen Weber" <webe...@gmail.com>
Subject DS on z/OS
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:36:17 GMT
Hi,

I tried to run DS on z/OS : it runs. 8-)

z/OS uses EBCDIC as default char set, so I/O by default is in EBCDIC.
To avoid having to translate Ascii-based LDAP protocol, you have to run
DS as Ascii, this means, all I/O from the VM is done in Ascii.

This script does the trick:

#!/bin/sh
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java14/J1.4

CP="."

for f in lib/*.jar
do
        CP="$CP:$f"
done
for f in bin/*.jar
do
        CP="$CP:$f"
done
echo $CP
$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Xnoargsconversion -Dfile.encoding=ISO8859-1
-Dconsole.encoding=IBM-1047
-Dlog4j.configuration=conf/log4j.properties -classpath $CP
org.apache.directory.server.UberjarMain conf/server.xml

I also got it to work with 1.5, but then I had to remove the encoding
from server.xml

With encoding you get the exception below.

Greetings,
J├╝rgen

Exception in thread "main"
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 1
in XML document from URL
[file:/u/entwicklung2/apacheds-1.0.0/conf/server.xml] is invalid;
nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not
allowed in prolog.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
       at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)