directory-users mailing list archives

From "Arnab Hazra" <arnab.ha...@mindteck.com>
Subject [Triplesec] User Authentication problem in Windows XP
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:21:38 GMT
Hi,

I am using Triplesec 0.7.1 server in a Windows XP operating system with JDK 1.4.2 and Tomcat
4.1.34 installed.

I am running HausKeys-0.7 downloaded from the link http://dist.safehaus.org/hauskeys to generate
OTP. I have also downloaded the HausKeys build (Revision 592, trunk/) from https://svn.safehaus.org/repos/hauskeys.
I am running the HausKeys application using WTK2.2 emulator.

Now, I have the following queries:
  a.. I am able to login to the SafeHaus demo page using a local username and password e.g.
'mcurie', 'secret'. However, I am not able to do so for Hauskeys users like 'codehaus' etc.
Incase, of login using 'codehaus' I have tried the ten listed HOTPs given in the section "Test
Connectivity with a Kerberos Client" in the User Guide. Is this the right way for login as
'codehaus' Hauskeys user?
  b.. I have also tried to generate the OTPs using the HausKeys-0.7 application running on
an emulator and tried to login as 'codehaus' but without much success. Is this the right way
to generate the OTP?
  c.. I have observed that while running the HausKeys-0.7 application I do not require to
enter any pin. However, when I tried to run the HausKeys build I was prompted for the same.
Since I was not able to run the HausKeys build using '1234' as pin so I modified the source
and used 'secret' as my pin value. However, it seems that the TripleSec server uses '1234'
as the predefined pin value. Am I correct in making such changes?
It would be of immense help if you could clarify the above and suggest ways to run the demo
application using an emulator on the Client side.

Thanks,
Arnab

Note:
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must
not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient. MINDTECK and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Thank You.