directory-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: ApacheDS non US-ASCII DN manipulation?
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:06:55 GMT
On 1/31/07, Pierre-Alain RIVIERE <pariviere@ippon.fr> wrote:

> <snip/>
> I just clarify because I think you understand that I'm using ApacheDS
> API directly.

Anyway, that's always good for us :)

<snip/>

> > Ahhh. This is not a good idea to pass a byte[]...
> >
> I'm ok with that but I never pass a byte[] to this class. I never used
> it at all. Here the code I use to process a search into the directory.
>
>             SearchControls controls = new SearchControls();
>             controls.setSearchScope(SearchControls.SUBTREE_SCOPE);
>
>             NamingEnumeration<SearchResult> results =
>                         context.search(baseDN, searchFilter, controls);

Hmmmm... Is it possible you copy/paste a full unit test so that I can try it
on my computer ? If you want to know how we do our integration tests, have a
look at :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/core-unit/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/jndi/SearchContextITest.java?revision=499512&view=markup

<snip/>

> > Hope it helps,
> >
> > Emmanuel L├ęcharny
> Thanks for this explanation. But is it applicable with the way I have
> embedded ApacheDS - in fact it's not really embedded, my tests just
> start the server and that's all -?

I can't guarantee it 100% without being able to reproduce the test by
myself. The best I can do is to test your test and see what can be the
problem. Sorry for the burden.

Btw, which version of the server are you currently using ?

Emmanuel

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny