directory-users mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <erodrig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WARNING] Big changes last night
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:58:07 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last night Enrique and I rearranged the repo to match our
> vision/strategy with plugging in different protocol providers into
> ApacheDS.
<snip/>

> Moved protocols to protocol-providers
>
> Now we renamed protocols to be more descriptive.  These are not just
> protocols but protocol-providers that snap into MINA.  So that's what we
> named it to.  We do not want people thinking protocols can mean for
> clients as well its only specific to the part that snaps into MINA.  The
> other shared libs and clients can go under shared and clients respectively.

I'd like to point out that the protocol-providers will snap into both
MINA and the JNDI provider, like rungs in a ladder, more than just
snap-in to the MINA frontend.  The DIT can be used for persistent
config, in addition to the "user accounts" for Kerberos, records for
DNS, or regular LDAP access.

-enrique