directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Merge HAS to Apache Kerby
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 13:11:54 GMT
Thanks Jiajia, that was very helpful. I have some questions:

There are no HasClientPlugin implementations in the commit (unless I missed
them). Is the plan to provide some later on, or is the user supposed to
implement their own?

If we want to get Kerby to issue a TGT using an AuthToken currently, we
have to use a token armor cache. In HAS, when it queries Kerby to get a TGT
using the verified AuthToken, is this just an "internal" call so we can
avoid this step?

I'm not sure why we need to verify the user information in the SQL backend.
If the received AuthToken is signed by a trusted IdP, can we not just
accept the identity of the user "as is" and skip this step?

KinitTool and KinitOption in has-client-tool duplicate the Kerby versions
with just a few changes. Can the changes be rolled into Kerby to prevent
code duplication?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh