directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Possible (minor) regression in ClientUtil
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 10:56:16 GMT
Hi all,

I noticed a possible regression in ClientUtil caused by this patch:

commit e0c1998b7d02587d5eb0850730ee8b873dca46ca
Author: plusplusjiajia <jiajia.li@intel.com>
Date:   Thu Sep 14 20:57:33 2017 +0800

    DIRKRB-657 Implement kinit tool to get tgt ticket from remote realm.
Contributed by Frank.

The problem is that ClientUtil.getKDCList we no longer call:

-        kdcList.add(krbSetting.getKdcHost());

instead, we try first to get the address from the realm section of the
krb5.conf. The problem arises if the krb5.conf contains an old port for the
KDC, it will use this instead of using the correctly port contained in
krbSetting.getKdcHost().

I ran into the problem as my /etc/krb5.conf contains an old setting for a
given realm, and the test code was picking this port up instead of the port
set on krbSetting.

Any thoughts on how to handle this?

Colm.

--