directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Li, Jiajia" <jiajia...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Kerby JWT support
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:37:29 GMT

Thanks
Jiajia

-----Original Message-----
From: Colm O hEigeartaigh [mailto:coheigea@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 8:24 PM
To: kerby@directory.apache.org
Subject: Kerby JWT support

Hi all,

I'd like to resurrect some of the issues surrounding the JWT support in Kerby. If nothing
else we can hopefully agree on what the outstanding issues are and then put them into JIRA
so that we have a record of what needs to be done. Some of the tasks are fairly trivial and
could be addressed for the next release.

1) There was a proposal last year to move the TokenAuthLoginModule from the "integration-test"
module into the "kerb-client" module in a separate package like 'jaas'.

2) I'd like to make the credential cache configuration item in the TokenAuthLoginModule optional
to simplify the configuration. It's not actually needed as we just keep the TgtTicket internally
in the LoginModule anyway.

3) Right now, we need an armor cache to then get a TGT using a JWT.
However, I think we should also support configuring the KDC with a private decryption key.
If the incoming JWT token is encrypted to the KDC then we should be able to skip the armor
cache step.

4) For the access token case, make it possible to put claims from the JWT token into the authorization
data of the ticket. I've done some work on this last year that could be re-used.

5) To test (4), I'd like to be able to query the authorization data of the issued service
ticket. However, using the Kerby API, the following returns null?

tkt.getTicket().getEncPart() (.getAuthorizationData())

Is there a way for me to access the authorization data of the ticket using the Kerby API in
some way to check that it's actually getting inserted properly?

Thoughts? Am I missing anything else?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh