directory-kerby mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Questions about the release
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 09:11:36 GMT
Hi Colm,

Thanks for this!

>> Kai, is there a reason that the zookeeper + nimbus dependencies are not in the lib
directories of the distributions?
This is a good question I happened to know the answer.

Yes we have already supported various KDC back ends, like the LDAP, ZK ones, but which one
is to bundle in the KDC dist and used by default? It's hard to tell, because each one seems
to need some time to mature. I'd suggest we take time to improve them when received user interests.
So that's why we didn't put all the supported back ends in the dist.

Nimbus is another story, it's for the token support. It's not bundled by default because I'm
not sure most users would want the token support.

Considering this release trouble, now I intend we don't bundle this plugins that involve external
deps heavily, but it's just a thought. We can discuss about the way later. For now less change
much better.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Kai