directory-kerby mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache Kerby 1.0.0
Date Sun, 07 May 2017 11:08:55 GMT
On 05/06/2017 09:53 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
> but I can't cas a +1 : the N&L are lacking some required external
> licenses (MIT for mockito, qos.ch for slf4j, BSD for harmcrest, ASM is
> BSD, and bytebuddy depends on it, Junit is ECL, Netty has a NOTICE file
> just must be included - see
> https://github.com/netty/netty/blob/4.1/NOTICE.txt- , and has *many*
> dependencies on other products, that must be listed if used -see
> https://github.com/netty/netty/tree/4.1/license-)

I don't think we have to list all those licenses. As far as I see for
Kerby we only distribute the source (which is ASLv2 only) and the JARs.
We don't distribute any artifact that bundles any third-party
dependency. [1] clearly states: "Dependencies which are not included in
the distribution MUST NOT be added to LICENSE and NOTICE. As far as
LICENSE and NOTICE are concerned, only bundled bits matter."

But maybe I'm wrong and Maven dependencies count as "bundled"?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundled-vs-non-bundled